Kenny is certified in Interior Design & Decorating
Choosing paint colors for your home can be very overwhelming not knowing where to start. No one wants to spend the time & energy painting a room only to end up not liking the color. Not to mention the many paint color choices to choose from! Mr. Ford is certified in interior design & decorating. He can help you pick out the perfect color for your interior of your home.
In case you’re in a hurry:
Listed, are a few paint colors that are excellent neutrals that work with furniture & home decorations in any color & style.
- Sherwin Williams Barcelona Beige SW 7530.
- Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige SW 6106.
- Sherwin Williams Nomadic Desert SW 6107.
- Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige SW 7036.
Barcelona Beige – is a soft, slightly warm beige with light/medium depth. Overall, it’s one of the most neutral beige colors as it isn’t overly warm, but it also isn’t grayed-out.
1. Barcelona Beige is a great way to get a warm beige paint color, without it being overly yellow/orange toned like some of the others. The LRV (light reflectnance value) is 47, so if you have a dark or shadowed room it could weigh it down.
2. Kilim Beige – is warmer than many beige paint colors without fully committing to yellow, orange or pink. It leans slightly more yellow end, without becoming obnoxiously peach-toned.
Kilim Beige loves north facing rooms as it balances out a cool exposure. It also looks good with ‘most’ wood tones but avoid OVERLY yellow ones. The LRV of Kilim is 60 – so while it will reflect some light back into the room, I wouldn’t expect it to work ANY great wonders in a dark room.
3. Nomadic Desert – is the light/medium version of Kilim Beige. It’s on the warmer side of the beige scale with a blend of undertones that lean just a wee bit more orange than yellow, but not by much.
LRV of Nomadic Desert is 50. It won’t add nor absorb light in a room. This means that it could feel a bit dense in a low-light or dark room but may calm down an overly light/bright room.
4. Accessible Beige – is a gorgeous beige that has a soft/subtle taupe base to it.
It really is a lovely blend of beige & gray.
LRV of Accessible Beige is sitting above 50, but not by much. So, while it’s a lighter color, if you have a dark room it might feel a bit heavy or drab.
Paint is the easiest way to transform a space so if you don’t like that red wall in your living room, then just paint it! Call Kenny Ford to schedule your free estimate!
We will help you every step of the way when choosing paint or stain colors for your home.
Kenny Ford offers many wall textures & decorative finishes for walls & cabinets including: Faux Finish, Antique, Glaze & Stain.
Be on the lookout for my next blog: Texture & Decorative Finishes for Interior Homes!